Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes randomly stop playing and restarts playing like a pause when playing music.

My itunes the latest version 11.1.3 stop playing music randomly and start playing it again. It almost like its buffering itself.

My hard drive is not full.

Already tried to repair disk etc.

I do not know what to do it all start its skipping when I upgraded to OSX Mavericks.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Itunes-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 12:43 AM

Bump .... Im having the same problem with iTunes 11.1.3. Just bought a new i7 iMac. I just downloaded OSX Mavericks. Unfortunately, I didnt use itunes before downloading it so i can't confirm if it was doing it with the previous OSX. I am a music guy and this gets quite annoying.

@aruder14 if you hear anything please let me know. I will do the same. Thanks.

37 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2013 12:43 AM in response to aruder14

Bump .... Im having the same problem with iTunes 11.1.3. Just bought a new i7 iMac. I just downloaded OSX Mavericks. Unfortunately, I didnt use itunes before downloading it so i can't confirm if it was doing it with the previous OSX. I am a music guy and this gets quite annoying.

@aruder14 if you hear anything please let me know. I will do the same. Thanks.

Dec 4, 2013 6:01 PM in response to aruder14

Hi, have you found something work for you ?

Happens to me as well but not started in mavericks all started with Mountain Lion , a few weeks before he left mavericks , I thought the problme would be solved by updating , but he did not, it's very frustrating strange thing is that in my case not only iTunes is , if any player, have proven Vox and another which I forget the name .

I also feel the same when you play a song in quick look ( Finder) .

I am desperate this problem is with me for the last month and a half went to a apple store and tell me that my machine has nothing that can not help me, and tried everything , reset my machine with a clean install , restart PRAM , repair permissions hise disk hardware test , and nothing has changed.

When iTunes pause my machine freezes a moment and returns to normal when continuous playback , stops about 1s though sometimes hard to 5s .

We appreciate if you find solution , because I am going crazy . Since neither in apple have been able to help me .

My machine is a Macbook Pro late 2012. Mavericks , iTunes 11.1.3 did not correct my mistakes. Do not know what else to try .

😟

Dec 11, 2013 5:26 PM in response to aruder14

I believe that in my case was a general computer problem.

As the holder and take the first thing they did was restore it and then told me I was ready.

Verify that had already restored before, and realized that the problem continued right after that they themselves had been restored.

So they kept the computer to give more exhaustive tests.

I have not gone for it since I left in another city support.

But according to the email they sent me they told me that my machine is ready to go through it.

Fingers crossed and warning them they say I have.

Jan 10, 2014 4:59 AM in response to aruder14

Not sure if this helps but i solved my issues although i'm not sure why this has worked!

All i have done is move my itunes library from the sd card it was originally stored on to a NAS drive and i'm running it from the NAS now, all the music i have played since doing this has played flawlessly!

I'm really not sure why running it off the sd card was such an issue as it was fine before upgrading the OS?

Itunes randomly stop playing and restarts playing like a pause when playing music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.