Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

retina ipad mini has dull color saturation

Just bought a new iPad mini with retina display yesterday.

I'm dissapointed with the mini display color, reds/blues/purple all were very dull. Obviously noticable right from the home screen (iTunes, Podcasts, Music icons)

Comparing the icon colors, and the same photo on my iPad 4 vs iPad mini retina and it's obvious that the full size iPad has way better color saturation.

After noticing the screen is below my expectations, I found the iLounge review of the new mini and they report similar color accuracy/saturation problems.

I'm going to return my mini.

Anyone else immediatly notice dull colors on their new retina mini?

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 6:32 AM

5 replies

Nov 15, 2013 6:40 AM in response to Netcruzer

I believe it's normal. I recently got a mini Retina and it's color saturation is not equal to either my iPad 3rd gen or 4th gen. I also have the non-Retina mini and it's screen compares pretty much to the mini Retina screen's color saturation. They are indistinguishable from each other, aside from the Retina's screen (of course) being sharper. I really don't think there's much you can do since it seems to affect both standard and Retina models.

Nov 17, 2013 9:42 AM in response to Netcruzer

The iPad mini retina has really desaturated colours compared to ipad air and iphone 5. There us plenty on the net about this and others comlpaining of the same. I noticed it right out of the box, without even comparing it. Mine is being returned. How Apple missed this, or thought it was acceptable is beyond me. Poor show

retina ipad mini has dull color saturation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.