Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to Voice Memos in iTunes 11

A year ago I had some useful voice memos in iTunes. I want to listen to some of them, but using iTunes 11 now, I can not locate ANY voice memos. Please advise - Thanks!

MacPro 2.66 4 GB, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 7:37 AM

3 replies

Nov 17, 2013 10:02 AM in response to Rich Hayhurst

Hello Rich,

They will be located in both the Music category, and in a playlist named 'Voice Memos'.

Sync voice memos with iTunes. Connect iPhone to your computer, then in iTunes select iPhone. Select Music at the top of the screen (between Apps and Movies), select Sync Music, select “Include voice memos,” and click Apply.

Voice memos synced from iPhone to your computer appear in the Music list and in the Voice Memos playlist in iTunes. Voice memos synced from your computer appear in the Voice Memos app on iPhone, but not in the Music app.

iPhone User Guide - Move recordings to your computer

http://help.apple.com/iphone/7/

Cheers,

Allen

Nov 19, 2013 12:07 PM in response to CarlAVII

Thanks Allen, for your reply, however, I do not have a playlist named "Voice Memos" and when I search the library for Memo, nothing appears. 10,000 items in the library. Is it possible that I could have delted voice memos by deleting the playlist? I do know for sure that I never went through the library and deleted all voice memos manually.

What happened to Voice Memos in iTunes 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.