Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 5,1 2006 model question

Hello, My Father has this computer with OS 10.4. He purchased a Canon all in one printer and wanted to use it wirelessly. I helped him with the install and found out he needed 10.5 to use this printer. I have 10.5 and went to install it and the Mac kept ejecting the disc. So I used disk utility to check out the problem and got these messages:

User uploaded file
User uploaded file
User uploaded file

I used the install disc to do a hardware test and it said the memory and logic board were ok, no problems. Can anyone tell us what the next move is? Thank you for your help.

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 8:12 AM

4 replies

Nov 15, 2013 8:32 AM in response to FCPUSER11

You need to repair the disk, not just verify it:

You cannot do this from the same start-up disk. Reboot from your install disk (holding down the C key). Once it opens, select your language, and then go to Disk Utility from the Utilities menu. Select your hard disk as before and click Repair:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1782?viewlocale=en_US

Once that is complete reboot again from your usual start-up disk.

Nov 15, 2013 8:57 AM in response to Klaus1

Thanks so much Klaus. The help menu and booklet that comes with the Mac said to use the install disc 1 and hold down the D key when starting up, then choose language and run the hardware test. Thats where I got the ok with memory and logic board. I'll do the C key and follow your advise. Will post my results later, thanks again, you're a big help.

iMac 5,1 2006 model question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.