Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Purchase: "APP" could not be purchased at this time. Please try again later.

Everytime I've tried to purchase an app since downloading IOS 7 (don't get me started on the oh-so-many things that don't work with this new operating system, although this one really ticks me off) I can't download a single app from the app store. The message (above) is what I get with "APP" being the actual name of the app (ie. "Instagram"). The apps I already have on the phone will automatically update without a problem, this has to do with the actual new purchases (either free or paid) that I would like to make. I currently have the most up-to-date version of IOS 7 v. 7.0.4

I have tried to do the following to no avail:

1) A soft reset: Holding the top bottom and the home button simultaneously until the phone powers itself off and automatically comes back on.

2) Signed in and out of my Apple iTunes account.

3) Signed out of my Apple iTunes account, did a soft reset, signed back in once the phone powered back up.

4) Changed the credit card information to a different credit card just in case for some strange reason Apple didn't like my credit card.

Any suggestions that anyone else may have (and please don't link to a troubleshooting article, those are hardly helpful) would be great. I've looked through Apple's support communities and haven't found a single answer to this question, although I've seen similiar questions and no real answers thus far.

Thank you.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 10:41 AM

5 replies

Jan 25, 2014 7:56 AM in response to Kait

I also have the same issue. Unable to easily purchase apps from the app store. Get the unable to purchase app purchase, followed by a never ending spinning circle next to the app title. I've discovered that closing out of the app, and attempting to redownload from the purchase list usually works.

Apple has really screwed up the user experience with ios7. This is inexcusable. A $600 device that is supposedly state of the art, and you have to try several work arounds to download apps is tragic. If Steve Jobs were around, several heads would have rolled by now. This needs to be fixed now, not in February, not in March.

Feb 15, 2014 1:07 PM in response to Kait

Each is a perfect description of my problem. In addition to all of the fixes tried above by the original poster, I tried "Reset All Settings" under the General tab on the advice of the service rep during a call with Apple support. No luck. Now going to an Apple store to prevent a complete reset that will erase all of my data. This has been going on for several months. We have three other iPhone5's in our household besides mine. None of them are experiencing issues. All four use the same operating system.

Unable to Purchase: "APP" could not be purchased at this time. Please try again later.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.