Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still have alarm when on silent?

Hi all,

Is there any way to make sure your alarm still sounds if you have accidentaly left it on silent/turned the volume down?

At the moment I'm being woken up by emails and stuff in the middle of the night just so I can have the alarm in the morning! I dont want to turn email alrets (or any other alerts) off permantly.

Thank you! 🙂

iPhone 5

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 12:32 PM

Use Do Not Disturb. That is one of the design features. It will silence everything except the alarm. The alarm will still sound. See this support document regarding using DND. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5463.

Also, if you have the phone on Mute, the alarm will still sound, but the mails and other things will still vibrate if you have that setting on.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2013 12:32 PM in response to Kelly-Lou

Use Do Not Disturb. That is one of the design features. It will silence everything except the alarm. The alarm will still sound. See this support document regarding using DND. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5463.

Also, if you have the phone on Mute, the alarm will still sound, but the mails and other things will still vibrate if you have that setting on.

May 15, 2017 6:42 PM in response to Frn3

You should not be receiving these unless your settings are not right. While you will still receive the emails, you should not hear the notification sound if you have Do Not Disturb turned on. If you check Settings>Do Not Disturb, under Silence, what setting do you have on? If you have it set for Always, then you should not receive the notifications anytime. If you have it set to Only while iPhone is locked, then you will see/hear notifications if the phone is unlocked.

Still have alarm when on silent?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.