Previous 1 2 3 Next 31 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2013 4:01 AM by A.dickey
A.dickey Level 1 Level 1

I have no idea what it is i do from time to time but suddenly there will appear a horizontal line about two inches from the bottom of my screen. Below the line will be a couple of document icons maybe or perhaps a programme icon. This is not the dock bar. It is further below. It is not launchpad, It is not mission control.

This happened in all three version of Mac OS i have had and i am now on mavericks and a day or two ago the same happened.

When i tap one of the little icons, it brings the docuemnt up.

It is not a fault, but some little known feature I suspect!

Anyone else ever seen it? I contacted an apple agent and they didnt know what it was for either.

Tx

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)
Solved by Barney-15E on Nov 17, 2013 7:29 AM Solved
A three-finger downward swipe will activate it for the frontmost App, or you can three-finger swipe down on a Dock Icon to Exposé that particular app.A.dickey wrote: Is it called Appsposure then? I can find nothing on it at all. It is just part of Exposé, which is part of Mission Control, now. Appsposé is just a "portmanteau" of Application and Exposé used informally. You won't find it mentioned that way except in som obscure places, like my brain. In the Mission Control System Prefs, you can set up keyboard shortcuts and "Hot Corners" to activate the different Mission Control and Exposé features.
Reply by Drew Reece on Nov 16, 2013 1:02 PM Helpful
As seen at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1235723 Open a few windows in an app, click & hold the app icon right Barney-15E?
Reply by Barney-15E on Nov 16, 2013 1:06 PM Helpful
Yes. I think it orders the minimized windows first. The minimized windows also look like Windows as opposed to recent documents which look like document icons.

All replies

Previous 1 2 3 Next