Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture quick preview locks in after using Google/Nik to edit a photo

I'm not sure when this started happening, but I've recently been annoyed with very frequent restarts of Aperture being required.

If i edit a photo with any of the Nik/Google programs, save it, and get back to my project full of photos...the quick preview stays locked onto the original of the photo I just editted. It doesn't even update to the edit of it. I thought my library was large and bogging the system down or something, so i made a new library and imported 4 photos, editted one, and it's still doing the same thing. Any thoughts?

I did a quickie search, but I'm terribad at searching in these forums. Sorry if it's somewhere obvious to you pro searchers 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 5:40 PM

I've not seen this, but it was noted in another thread that Nik software noted that their plugins were not yet supported for Mavericks.

2 replies

Nov 15, 2013 7:06 PM in response to firstlaunch

hey thanks so much! ok, ill jsut deal with editing one photo at a time and then restarting aperture each time.. lol 🙂 its ANNOYING, but it WORKS.. so ill deal with it! 😀

thanks again!!!

oops, i tried to change it to you solved my issue instead of helped, and i think i marked that i solved my own problem.. ugh i hate these forums! lol

Aperture quick preview locks in after using Google/Nik to edit a photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.