Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my wifi won't turn on on my iphone 4s, how do I fix it?

When I go to settings to turn on my WiFi, it says WiFi off and the sliding part remains gray and will not slide. I know the WiFi in my home works, because I am the only one who can not use it. I did not drop my phone or damage it, I'm not sure why it is not working. I've already gone to settings>general>reset and reset all settings and reset network settings several times, and I've also reset my whole iPhone to new from iTunes and that didn't work either. How do I fix this? It has been this way for about two weeks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 2:54 PM

47 replies

Feb 24, 2017 6:23 PM in response to wyattmp3

I Have a perminant fix for this wifi not turning on 🙂

1, get a hammer, bigger the better, place fone on a concrete floor and smash it

2, buy another fone but make sure its not apple, this will happen again when apple want you to upgrade and buy a new phone, there is actually nothing wrong with the device, it is all to do with your last ios update, they install a script that after 3 months things stop working, they wont never have a fix so dont waste your time, and if you decide to buy another iphone and support these people that broke your phone, then your supid.

Apr 5, 2017 6:51 AM in response to wyattmp3

When I go to settings to turn on my WiFi, it says WiFi off and the sliding part remains gray and will not slide. I know the WiFi in my home works, because I am the only one who can not use it. I did not drop my phone or damage it, I'm not sure why it is not working. I've already gone to settings>general>reset and reset all settings and reset network settings several times, and I've also reset my whole iPhone to new from iTunes and that didn't work either. How do I fix this? Please

Jul 23, 2017 9:41 PM in response to wyattmp3

I tried the reset of network settings multiple times and it didn't work for me. So, there was a video posted on the heating suggestion. I got the hair dryer and heated the phone all over for about 5min. I didn't get the overheat warning message but the phone was quite hot to the touch. So, I did the turn off using the power and home button together then placed it in the freezer for about 10min wrapped in baking paper. Sure enough when I turned it back on the wifi was now working. I will wait and see if the problem appears again and post again if it does.

Jul 11, 2014 10:35 AM in response to mayankpatel

If you still haven't fixed it and the apple trouble shooting does not help, than try this. First put your iPhone on airplane mode and then shut it off. Wait about 5-10 minutes and then turn it back on and check to see if the wifi button will work. If it still does not work, make sure that your ios is completely updated. In order to update, you have to be connected to a home wifi signal so if you need to update, plug your phone into your computer and open iTunes. You should see a window pop up right away that says that your phone needs an update. Once your phone is done updating, retry the steps in the beginning. worked for my iphone 4s

Oct 19, 2014 9:08 PM in response to wyattmp3

I just discovered after upgrading to 8.0.2, my 4s stopped recognizing my wifi. I followed a recommendation to reset the network settings, now the **** thing will not allow me to switch on the wifi button in settings. Do the idiots at Apple read these posts - they had a good product they they screw things with untested upgrades?

my wifi won't turn on on my iphone 4s, how do I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.