Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick Time Player don't read the Apple Intermediate Codec

Hi there:

I have updated to Mavericks and now Quick Time Player don't read the Apple Intermediate Codec, needs convert the movie to Apple ProRess 422.

I've installed Final Cut. Any ideas?

tnxs!!

Joseph

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 5:46 PM

3 replies

Nov 16, 2013 8:11 AM in response to hipnosia

I have updated to Mavericks and now Quick Time Player don't read the Apple Intermediate Codec, needs convert the movie to Apple ProRess 422.

I've installed Final Cut. Any ideas?

What are your goals. If playback is all you want, use the QT 7, MPEG Streamclip, MPlayerX, Flip Player, or any other app that plays content using your system's AIC, Animation, PNG, DV stream, etc. codec configuration which QT Player X v10.3 now only uses as conversion assets. As to what is happening here, it would seem that Apple has now added a full encode/decode codec to the default system codec component configuration under Mavericks which may be replacing AIC as the default "poor man's" standard codec for for HD content. As to editing apps, iMovie v10.0 still accepts and natively uses AIC for editing projects but zI am not using FCP X, so I cannot make any comments regarding its compatibility.

User uploaded file

Nov 6, 2015 4:35 PM in response to hipnosia

I just got caught out by this..

We have HUGE number of MOVs Epiphan VGA2USB recorded presentations on MAC with the AIC (icod) Codec

All WAS working fine editing in Prem CC 2015 until I did an update.to I believe QuickTime 10.4 and now QT wont pay SOME of the files.

Those that QT will play, Premiere refuses to import or Playback is corrupt.

QT 7, if installed does play the files, so +PRO I could feasibly transcode the files to h264 that Prem will like

Is it possible to force apps(like Prem) to use the legacy QT 7 instead of QT 10.4 to enable playback and edit of Apple Intermediate Codec files?

This is a huge pain.

P

Quick Time Player don't read the Apple Intermediate Codec

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.