Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some controls not working in System Preferences

Today I downloaded a beta application that was blocked from installation because it came from an unidentified developer (Mail Pilot Beta 3, fwiw)

I opeend the Security & Privacy preference pane, selected teh general tab, and clicked on Open Anyway next to the message about the app being blocked. The message and button disappeared as expected, but the pop up about the app being blocked because it came from an unidentified developer reappeared immediately.

I decided to loosen the restrictions around apps from unidentified developers. Unlocked the preference pane and clicked the Anywhere radio button under "Allow Apps downloaded from:". The radio button would not stay selected. I also clicked the Adbaced button (which was enabled) but got no response.

I have not tested every control in every preference pane, but a qucik check showed a couple of others also not functioning: the Advanced button on the Network pref pane, and the Time Machine Options button on that pref pane.

Permissions repair is clean. I also verified the disk structure on my boot drive and it is fine. Checked persmissions on the pre panes as well at the app that was blocked, everything looks right.

I just checked my wife's maching and found the same behavior.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), mid-2012 13in, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 7:06 PM

There are no replies.

Some controls not working in System Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.