Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Apple product serial number you entered is not part of this program. 11/15/13

I have been trying to enter a few of my nanos into the nano 1st generation replacement program now for 3 days in a row. No luck it gives me this message "The Apple product serial number you entered is not part of this program." I know it is not the serial numbers, it is the website for sure. Is anyone else having this issue?

iPod nano, Ipod nano 1st generation

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 6:50 PM

a lot of people having this issue too. Call apple, issue complaint.

26 replies

Nov 16, 2013 4:30 PM in response to Candian_l3acon

I just found out it is very possible that the program was court ordered. I am wondering if the fact that the program "stopped working" at exactly the 2 year mark was the courts requirement for Apple. I am speculating, I do not know it was two years. It just seems odd to me that it stopped accepting serials exactly two years after the program started.

Nov 16, 2013 6:42 PM in response to Candian_l3acon

I'm getting the same message. Have sent several of these in for replacement in the past, and it's never been an issue. I called Apple and the rep didn't even know about the recall, which was surprising. He spoke with a senior level advisor and was told that my first gen was not part of the recall, even though it was manufactured in 2005. What, I don't get it?? I thought all first gen nanos were affected by this? Here's what serial number starts and ends with: is 7L55****TJT. Normally they start with YM. Do you think that's the problem?

Nov 16, 2013 7:03 PM in response to tschulmac

Hey tschulmac,

I am on the same page, I have submitted many of these (and I mean MANY). Never have I had trouble with all of them at once. Normally, one in every 60 or so I get one that is not part of the program. I have sent several 7L.... serialed Ipod nanos with no issues. I am willing to bet your serial is part of the program.

It seems as though there is either a major system glitch, or the program is done. As stated earlier, this issue started at the EXACT two year mark of the program (11/11/2011). Kinda fishy.

I have talked to two senior advisors, one of which stated that the nanos I gave him must not be a part of the program, the other telling me that it must be a system glitch and that he would submit a report. However, both had not yet heard of an issue reported by users. So if enough people call in about the issue, I am sure it will stir apple into action.

Nov 16, 2013 8:06 PM in response to tschulmac

No, not all 1st Generation iPod Nanos were included only those with a certain run of Sony batteries. It is possible that the program has ceased and Apple has allowed a reasonable length of time for a reasonable person to have replaced theirs. If anyone was hoarding these to make money they may be stuck with the remainder of them they are holding.

Nov 18, 2013 2:03 PM in response to sgermaney_83

I have still not gotten anywhere with Apple, they keep telling me "your serial numbers must not be a part of the program if they continue to get rejected." I know that the nanos produced between Sep 2005 – Dec 2006 are the faulty battery ones. There is only a slim margin of nanos produced that actually do not qualify.

The employees have submitted reports, but nothing is being done about this. Either Apple is trying to escape the nano program, or they simply have no clue of the issue going on with the system. Don't let them tell you your nano does not qualify, because they simply are relying on the faulty system that is telling them that. As stated above, I average 1 of every 60 nanos that do not qualify for the program. I have over 100 sitting here and every single one of them reads this same error. Something is not right with this.

Keep on calling Apple about this guys, they need to made aware of the issue

The Apple product serial number you entered is not part of this program. 11/15/13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.