Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 9 WILL NOT recognise EZdrummer in Audio Units Manager, HELP??

I recently purchased and installed Toontrack's EZdrummer plug-in to work inside Logic Pro.

However, after a week of trying, I for some bizarre reason cannot get Logic to recognize the plug-in/vst.

All week i've conquered the internet looking for solutions but sadly nothing has helped, i've tried everything from trashing cache files to rescanning audio units to manually moving files...STILL NOTHING!

This problem has annoyed many people as I scroll effortlessly down Google looking at other peoples quetions and responses, yet nothing works for me. PLEASE SOMEBODY KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS!

Logic Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 6:10 PM

3 replies

Nov 15, 2013 8:55 PM in response to ryananthonyyy

Basic Troubleshooting steps...

First of all Logic Pro cannot use VSTs.. It uses AudioUnit (AU) Plugins..

Have you checked the AU Manager (Found under the Logic Pro menu item...) to see if it installed and validated correctly

If it is not there, it did not install correctly in which case reinstall or failing that contact ToonTracks for assistance.

If it is there but not validated, select it and manually recscan it to validate it. If it fails to validated again contact ToonTracks..

if it is there and validated,

When you start a new project in Logic and create a Software Instrument track.. and then you press and hold the Software Instrument button in the track strip.. do you see the ToonTracks entry? (along with all the Logic Pro's plugins and other 3rd party AU Plugins you may have installed)

The Software Instrument button is located as shown in this screenshot..

User uploaded file

Nov 22, 2013 12:08 PM in response to ryananthonyyy

Also, Toontrack's EZDrummer shows up as an AU Instrument & therefore it looks like a regular Synth to LP. You'll need to look where 'Art' is showing you. Click & hold where Art's sreenshot shows, then scroll down until you see AU Instruments, then Toontrack, then EZDrummer. There are two of them. One that's Stereo & one that has multiple outputs.

It's NOT going to show up in the Sends, as though it's an audio plugin.

I have EZDrummer & am using LP9 & it shows up & works for me...

Logic Pro 9 WILL NOT recognise EZdrummer in Audio Units Manager, HELP??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.