Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I change an iTunes account on my work iPad to my personal iTunes account in order to recover and keep my purchases on the work iPad. i have to turn the work iPad in and it will be scrubbed, as well as the work email address I used as my iTunes ID.

how do I change my Apple ID used on my work ipad (using my work email address) to my personal Apple ID inorder to save my purchases. The work IPad will be turned in and scrubbed as well as the email address deactivated upon my retirement.

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 5:59 PM

3 replies

Nov 15, 2013 6:25 PM in response to mauirobin

I'm not totally clear on what you are asking, but if you made purchases with the work ID and you want to keep them, you cannot transfer them to your personal Apple ID. You will have to purchase the content again. Purchased content is always tired to the Apple ID that was used to make the purchase.

how do I change an iTunes account on my work iPad to my personal iTunes account in order to recover and keep my purchases on the work iPad. i have to turn the work iPad in and it will be scrubbed, as well as the work email address I used as my iTunes ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.