Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multi Copies of Drafts To Gmail Server

After I send emails, the Draft mailbox on Gmail and Apple mail show many copies. In desperation, I tried to stop Apple Mail from sending copies of drafts to the server (Gamil) but it won't save the mailbox behavior change. This is after the new mailbox update for Mavericks. Why can't I change the preferences for mailbox behaviors?

Mac mini (Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Early 08 MacBook Pro, Mac Mini 2011

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 7:11 PM

I solved the problem of not being able to disable draft copies to Gmail. Internet Gmail allows you to modify "labels" (why not call them folders). If you disable IMAP for "Drafts" you can then disable "Drafts" in Apple Mail. Hope this solves my problems.

9 replies

Dec 16, 2013 9:33 PM in response to Zee.Es

First go to your mailbox preferences in Apple Mail and disable (uncheck) "store draft messages on server" which is found under the account setting for your gmail account for "mailbox behaviors". On the internet go to your gmail with a browser and click on the gear to go to settings. On the first row below setting select the second item which should be "labels" then look for "Drafts" and make sure "Show in IMAP" is unchecked. Drafts will then only reside as a single copy in your "Outbox". If this is not good enough for you there may be another mail fix coming that I downloaded today from Apple. The above may not be needed if they "fixed" it in the new update today.

Apr 4, 2014 4:17 PM in response to Zee.Es

Keep in mind that disabling IMAP support with your Draft mailbox means that your drafts will no longer be available anywhere else, like on your other devices. So you can't start a draft on one device and then continue working on it from another device.

So for me, this issue remains and I still await a fix from Apple for the Mac OS Mail app. (It works correctly on the iPhone or iPad.)

Multi Copies of Drafts To Gmail Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.