Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I block a stolen iPad and a stolen iPhone?

Last night I was asaulted by some criminals and they stole my iPhone and mi iPad and I had to give them the security code of both of them. I could block my iPhone by calling to the cellular operator, but how can I block my iPad if I don't have my iPhone with me neither?? I downloaded the 'find my ipad' app when I bought it four months ago but I never used it and I don't really know if it's activated or not. Besides, I didn't keep anything in the iCloud, everythng was in the iPad's memory, and when I say everything I mean EVERYTHING!! Of course I already reported the theft to the police but they didn't do anything about it and they won't do anything about it in the future, so I don't know what to do! Is it possible to block it or change the password or something like that so that no one can access my files and data and everything I had in it? there is a lot of work and private things in that iPad and now it's in hands of criminals! I'm really concerned! please help!!

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 8:07 PM

"IF" you had find my iDevice turned on, you could remotely lock the devices, and locate them if they have power and are conneced to a network. Try going to www.iCloud.com on your computer, sign in with your Apple ID and password, and see if the devices are listed.

HTH

8 replies

Nov 15, 2013 9:00 PM in response to ssschmidt

They are turned off, both of them!! so it means that they are not connected to a network but the devices can still be turned on and the criminals can still see my documents, can they? 😐

Even so, I set the iPhone to 'stolen mode' and the iPad to 'delete everything' (not sure if that's how you call it in English). I had to put a phone number to this, is that really necessary?

Thank you very much for your help!!

dnationfly

Nov 16, 2013 5:54 AM in response to dnationfly

If you had turned on Find My iPhone on both of them, then you can take solace from the fact that, in iOS 7, the thief will be unable to erase those devices for sale... Once done, they will never work again without your iCloud password.

Doing what ssschmidt said to do will help to lock down those devices as soon as they are connected to a network, although there's nothing stopping the thief from snooping in your stuff while off the network, unfortunately.

How can I block a stolen iPad and a stolen iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.