Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest version of Garage Band for Snow Leopard? Also distortion problem.

I need AIF files for mastering a cd. The files were created on my iPad in Garage Band 9. Unfortunately when I export them on the iPad (using the "uncompressed--AIF" option) they are clipping and creating a fuzzy distortion.

I tried opening these on my laptop (which is running 10.6.8) and has Garage Band 6.0.5 ("Garage Band '11") but the files won't open in this version of Garage Band (I get a message saying I need to upgrade)

Can I upgrade my laptop to a newer version of Garage Band? If so, what will run on Snow Leopard and where can I get a download. Or, if that's not possible, does anyone have an idea why the AIF files exported on the Ipad may be getting distorted? I'm using the "uncompressed" (AIF) option when choosing file format.

Thanks!

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 9:27 PM

GarageBand '11, Version 6.0.5 will run on Snowleopard.that is last compatible version, see: GarageBand 6.0.5 and it is the version you are already having. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4574

To be compatible with GarageBand on IOS 7 on the iPad you would need Garageband version 10.0.1 and that requires MacOs 10.9. or later.

Would it be possible for you to upgrade to Mavericks, to make your Mac compatible with your IOS version?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2013 9:27 PM in response to badmonkeyart

GarageBand '11, Version 6.0.5 will run on Snowleopard.that is last compatible version, see: GarageBand 6.0.5 and it is the version you are already having. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4574

To be compatible with GarageBand on IOS 7 on the iPad you would need Garageband version 10.0.1 and that requires MacOs 10.9. or later.

Would it be possible for you to upgrade to Mavericks, to make your Mac compatible with your IOS version?

Latest version of Garage Band for Snow Leopard? Also distortion problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.