Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add reverb to garageband audio tracks?

I am recording in Garageband 10.0.1 from 2013. and I want to add reverb and ambiance effects to my voice recordings, but no matter how much I add, none of the effects are added. I push the nob to the max and it still doesn't change anything. Only a few tracks are actually able to have their reverb and ambiance changed. I have checked all my other settings and everything seems to be in place. I have restarted the program multiple times and have restarted my computer a few times too, just in case. Just a side note, I also noticed a few of my audio tracks got deleted for no reason when I last opened the project, even though I had saved it before. Apple, please update this SOON!

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 9:46 PM

7 replies

Oct 13, 2015 11:27 AM in response to tomrecht

I hope this helps:

If you're looking for audio units in the preferences: Audio/MIDI tab, effects: audio units

User uploaded file

The Smart Controls and Smart Controls Inspector are on the main screen. In the Inspector screen, you may have to pull the bottom window up to see the plug-ins. Expose the plug-ins and click on an empty slot.

User uploaded file

Echo is under delay in the plug-in menu.

User uploaded file

If, in addition, you're looking for the audio units, they're at the very bottom of the plug-in menu:

User uploaded file

Can't add reverb to garageband audio tracks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.