Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back to my mac isn't working since Mavericks

Hi Guys,

Since I updated my 27-inch iMac, Late 2012 to Mavericks, Back To My Mac (BTMM) stopped working.

Here's what I did so far (yes, pretty time consuming for a computer who should be plug and play!)

I have 3 computers and 2 "airport" connected to my iCloud account.

My other two computers are on 10.8.5 and 10.7.5 and BTMM is working on them. (yee!)

My iMac is on the exact same network so it's not a router setting. (I keep getting that answer. If it was none of the computers would work.)

I logged off iCloud, created a new account on my iMac, logged back in iCloud on the fresh account, same thing.

I always get the following after 10 sec or so:

User uploaded file

I tried some command line in terminal I took from some forum and now I'm ****** off. I rely on BTMM to control my work computer and it's REALLY annoying and frustrating that my MacBook Air 11" who sits right next to my iMac works but not my iMac. 😠 (Yes, I did use a mad emoticon just so you see how annoyed i am!! lol)

So, What's up Apple ? Should I go back to 10.8.5 on my iMac ? ( that will be annoying )

Thanks!

K.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 1:17 AM

9 replies

Nov 16, 2013 1:49 AM in response to kevmtl

Oh, I also reviewed my Genius Training from when I was at  (see, I know hot to make the  so you know I worked at Apple).

But yeah, so from my reviews, I acknowledge the problem, reassure myself I was going to help me with the problem, I asked myself some questions, then didn't find any solution. But I can't leave myself like that.

Was pretty upset, I really want to help my awesome customer I am. I also made sure it wasn't some kind of "user error" you know those kinds of error you try to make look less obvious in front of a customer who doesn't know that an Airport in Apple language isn't an actual Airport. (yes, I got that one once, the guy got mad at me because I told him to go check his Airport signal. He said he wanted is computer to work at his house not at the "bloody Airport")

Moving back to my problem, I also tried to ask my manager on the floor (in this case my cat) for a CRU (Computer Replacement Unit) but he wasn't really excited about it. As you can seeUser uploaded file

Now that's when I decided to turs to you, and maybe @pschiller to help me with this BTMM problem!

- - - - - - - - -

I must be the only one who actually included in a serious post a picture of a cat!

Insert picture of a grumpy cat on apple forums : √

Nov 19, 2013 10:43 AM in response to kevmtl

I'm with ya' - same situation here - home iMac running Mavericks (worked daily and fine on 10.8.x and lower) sitting right next to an older Mac Pro (maxed out at Lion OS) both machines connected to the same gigabit ethenet hub that is then connected to an Airport Extreme. No hardware changes brought about - just the upgrade to Mavericks. All three airport extremes are functioning correctly and all have my iCloud BTMM credentials and all are input correctly. Soemtimes after a reboot, it shows for a while, but then nothing...tonight I'll check to see if the Mac Pro can "see" it and try to narrow the issue down to inside or outside my LAN. Any ideas and help is greatly appreciated...

Oh, and nice write-up, kevmtl, funny, but to the point. Good luck to us both!

Nov 30, 2013 7:07 AM in response to kevmtl

My MBPro has been working fine under Mavericks until about 4 days ago. Now server not responding no matter what I do. My other machines on Mavericks work fine and on the same routers of course. Nothing has changed. It just stopped working.

I tried reinstalling Mavericks over the current one to see if that helped as well as deleting preferences and caches. Nothing so far.

Anyone else have any luck?

Nov 30, 2013 8:32 PM in response to John Galt

Well, well... I got tired today so I installed a copy of Mavericks on an external drive, booted from it, and guess what : Working like a charm! 😟

So I decided it was time for my iMac to get a nice Erase and install. And everything is working perfectly.

So, It's mostly a software bug (duh!).

I did not use a restore from a Time Machine, I did a fresh install.

Also, I did install Mavericks Beta. Could it messed up something ?

Back to my mac isn't working since Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.