Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I click "Accept" for iMovie, nothing happens

I keep trying to click accept, I'm asked to enter my Apple ID password, which I do, and still nothing happens. I've tried a lot of options but no resolution yet.

iMovie '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 9:35 AM

Is this on a brand new Mac or is this a Mac that you have had for some time and on which you have used this app in the past?

3 replies

Nov 16, 2013 12:15 PM in response to StevieG1992

Please take each of the following steps that you haven't already tried until the problem is resolved.

Step 1

Follow the directions in this support article.

Step 2

Associate your Apple ID with your user account. Then sign in to the App Store with the same ID.

Step 3

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore/adoption.plist

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A folder may open with a file named "adoption.plist" selected. If it does, move the file to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator password. Log out, log back in, and test.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combinationcommand-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar, paste into the box that opens (command-V). You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Step 4

Contact Mac App Store Customer Service.

Jul 12, 2014 9:27 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hey Linc,

I did your steps and I run into a problem in step 3. My computer prompts me that the folder cannot be found. Furthermore, when I went back to the app store, to see if I could accept the iPhoto and/or iMovie, it now says I need to pay the $14.99 for it, whereas before, it just had an "accept" button. They have both disappeared from my purchases as well. Any tips/advice you can give me to help me resolve this issue?

When I click "Accept" for iMovie, nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.