Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help ''which carrier is supported by Apple for activation and Iphone 5 in Italy.''

I have an Iphone 5 Model A1429, the problem is I'm getting an error while activating "The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported" I have tried the sims of 3 and vodafone but both not activating the phone, I'm in ITALY . I'm really fed up of this kind thing Apple .. i did activated the Iphone 3G with Vodafone sim but now Vodafone isn't supported anymore by Apple.
My question is ''Is there anybody who knows which carrier is supported by Apple for activation in Italy.'' and this iphone came from South Africa and I don't have the S.African netwroks simcard.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 5

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 7:10 AM

Vodaphone is supported by Apple.

Your issue has NOTING to do with Apple.

Your iphone ise carrier locked. You must contact the carrier to which your iphone is locked and ask if they offer unlocking and if you qualify.

Unlocking is 100% a carrier issue.

3 replies

Nov 16, 2013 7:12 AM in response to Slim Shady It

This has nothing to do with Apple. Your phone is carrier locked, & will only activate/work on the carrier's network the phone is locked to. To use your phone on any other network, you need to get it officially unlocked. Once done, you can then use it on any GSM network you want.

Only the carrier an iPhone is locked to can authorize the phone's official unlocking. So, you need to contact the carrier your phone is locked to to see if they offer unlocking & if you qualify.

Please help ''which carrier is supported by Apple for activation and Iphone 5 in Italy.''

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.