Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios7 update audio is hissing and static. Please help me get rid of this noise so I may enjoy my audio on my iPad

Ever since the ios7 update my audio is hissing and has static. Please help me get rid of this noise so I may enjoy my audio on my iPad

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 7:07 AM

5 replies

Jan 21, 2014 11:04 PM in response to jeff1326

Just for the record, this is what I wrote to Apple feedback:

(If anyone really knows what the problem is, please let us know.)

-----------------

Apple iPad mini. Re: Hiss

Hi. I am one of the very unhappy people who can't use the iPad for recording since getting ios7. The apple forum is replete with stories like mine: ios6 recording was quiet - ios7 is noisy. I have tried every suggestion. Why won't anybody at apple tell us what the problem is? I have been using macs since 1986. All I want to do is record my songs on my iPad. Unfortunately for me, I recently brought my iPad-mini refurbished so there is no warranty. If I had bought it new I would be at the Genius Bar until I got the problem fixed. Did I mention how unhappy I am? Here are the specs: 1st gen iPad mini running ios7. Recording onto Multitrack DAW with a Samson Go mic to a 30-pin USB camera adapter, into an apple brand lightening adapter into iPad mini. Everything works fine except for the HISS.

Jeff

Sep 3, 2014 12:35 PM in response to Ivyt57

Ever since iOS 7 my audio recordings all have a low pitch hum.. like a ground loop sound, but I can't find the issue. I record with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 in to my ipad (garageband, tascam, and focusrite's recording app) they all have it. When I hook the interface up to my pc it's crystal clear. I've checked my cables, my mics, made sure I was getting clean power from my Furman power conditioner.. nothing can stop the hum.

ios7 update audio is hissing and static. Please help me get rid of this noise so I may enjoy my audio on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.