Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I prove that I have never once changed my screen on my iPhone 5 since I upgraded in August. I am at my wits end. I work for o2 and I can promise I have never changed the screen. I got this phone in a sealed box and been down 3 times to Apple Store

I am furious about this. 3 visits to Aberdeen Union Square to be told the screen on my phone is not apple merchandise. How can this be when I got the phone from o2 (my work) in a sealed box. I have never once sent the phone away to be repaired or made an insurance claim?

The problem is my screen is becoming unresponsive. Sometimes does not work.

I have restored my phone as told by Apple Technical ( may I add this gentleman was very helpful)

I am basically sick of being called a liar by apple. I can swear this phone has never been tampered with except at The Apple store. I always have recommended Apple phones when doing my job as a sales advisor. I am at my wits end. I will not give up on this.

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 12:42 PM

12 replies

Nov 16, 2013 1:39 PM in response to wegras

I have heard of this possibly happening after insurance claims but nothing coming from a sealed box. I'm so frustrated by this as my touch screen doesn't work sometimes and this is causing big problems trying to answer calls. I have only had the phone since August. I set the phone up myself from the sealed box and its never been away from me, never have I had to send the phone away for repair or insurance claim.

Feel like I've got a faulty phone and no one will help me...I trully believe all my phone is all Apple and always has been. I wish I could get photo evidence of inside the phone so i could see for myself.

Its a very expensive phone which is driving me crazy.

Feb 8, 2016 7:07 AM in response to Jeno2xx

I am experiencing exactly the same thing. I have this iPhone 5 from O2 shop, and after several years of using it (no damage, no repair), the battery had gone completely flat so I took it to an Apple store, Apple then fount out the screen is fake so rejected to change the battery. Took it back to where I bought the phone, O2 shop. They say I must have taken it to a repair shop other than Apple and charging me £185 to fix the screen to change the battery!!!!!! Reparing never happend! I made a complain to the O2 shop, but the manager wasn't present so a staff told me that the manager'd contact me later. But he hasnt. I e-mailed to ComplainReviewService of O2 and waiting for their reply...

Feb 8, 2016 8:28 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

Thanks. Certainly I will. I've been to the shop already after Apple rejected to change the battery. Then later we went to the shop and shop sent it to its repair centre but again rejected so the shop decided to text me to say it'd cost £185 to fix the screen to change the battery. I will again pop into the shop to collect the phone when there will be the manager as it seems staff comminication is poor there (hence no call from the manager despite the staff's told me that he would.)

Feb 9, 2016 1:19 PM in response to TJBUSMC1973

after the discussion with O2, what they are saying is that it is not their problem that Apple said it has a 3rd party screen, they said that issue I should discuss with Apple. Then they said they are offering £185 for a refurbished phone, same model and update my contract with them...

First of all, all i wanted was my iphone with a new battery. I did not wish to have a refurbished one for a replacement and update my contract with them.

But all they could offer was that... because the warranty has expired already.

Then it made me think, did they sell a refurbished phone (fitted with their screen) done at O2 repair centre to me initially.... Thus Apple refused to change....

This makes more sense than just being refused by Apple due to a 3-rd party component while i have never taken it to any repair centre. Although O2 trying to avoid discussing what i was told by Apple, 3rd party screen, as if that has nothing to do with them, as if it is to do with Apple, "IF" it was them modifying and selling without customer's conscent. Isn't it THEIR issue? The seller didn't mention it has a 3rd party screen when I purchased it and i had been charged monthly payment of a new iphone 5 not modified one. I was happy to pay battery change fee to Apple.

All I could suspect here now is that O2 sold a refurbished phone as new, and doesn't allow Apple to fix it, but encourage the customer to extend the contract and resell the secondhand. Win win situation for O2 but I'm not happy about it. Feel like being trapped.

How do I prove that I have never once changed my screen on my iPhone 5 since I upgraded in August. I am at my wits end. I work for o2 and I can promise I have never changed the screen. I got this phone in a sealed box and been down 3 times to Apple Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.