Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An Error Occurred Loading This Content. Try Again Later.

Hi there, I am an avid movie collector and I have been ripping my DVD collection using Handbrake over to my iMac to stream to my Apple TV 2's (3).

So far out of my large collection, I have ran into a couple movies that no matter what gives me an error.

1. Breast Men (no jokes, it's the true story about the guys that invented breast implants 😉)

2. American Gigalo

3. The Assasination of JFK.

so far...

When I attempt to stream these, I get the natorious error message "An error occurred loaching this content. Try Again Later." All my movies are ripped from DVD, using the same settings on Handbrake etc....Here is the trouble shooting steps I have attempted.

1. Attempted to redo rips.

2. Played with Dolby Digital settings on Apple TV (on, auto etc.)

3. Disconnected everything and re-econnected.

4. Tried it on iPad and iMac, plays fine. This makes me confident it is an Apple TV and/ or streaming issue.

5. Belive it or not, I even borrowed by buddies copy of Assination of JFK and ripped his instead....same issue??

6. I've upgraded my router to the Apple Extreme AC...doesn't fix this issue (fast though). Hard Connected my Apple TV down stairs...still doesnt work.

I havn't gone through and tried playing back all my other older movie rips; but I suspect I will find similar issues with some of the others....again, this problem only shows up with select titles--- all things being equal.

Good one hey?

AppleTV 2, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 1:20 PM

2 replies

An Error Occurred Loading This Content. Try Again Later.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.