Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mini Cooper, iPhone 5 iOS 7 and adapter

We have a problem with the iPhone 5 adapter in our Mini Cooper. Audio and Mini Connected is not working.

At BMW and Mini they told me I need to wait for a new model of this adapter.

When can I buy this compatible adapter?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 1:49 PM

23 replies

Nov 17, 2013 1:38 AM in response to wegras

Yes I mean the Mini Cooper snap in adapter (full multimedia) built into the car.

I can connect the iPhone 5 iOS 7 but we can't hear audio and the Mini Connected app mentioned that the device is not compatible.

They told us that Mini and BMW are working on a new snap in adapter for the iPhone 5 with iOS 7.

If you still need more information pleas let me know.

Many thanks

Nov 17, 2013 8:11 AM in response to Wvdingen

there are two BMW partnumbers ending xxxxx307 xxxxxx308

308 is the multimedia version which works perfectly it seems in all suitably equipped vehicles without iDrive

works in my 13 X1 with B/T and enhanced B/T features does exactly as I would expect but I do not have iDrive ( choice )

The 307 works as a basic cradle in my 07 Z4 holding ,charging and enhanced cellular signal .Exactly as I expected

I use an iPhone 4 and 5 both on iOS 7.0.4 and also worked on all earlier versions of iOS7

Key is no iDrive ,that is what BMW are working on ,a version, that works with iDrive

Nov 26, 2013 3:37 PM in response to Wvdingen

Hey, I just brought a new mini which has the Mini Visual Radio boost package. I have an iPhone 5 with iOS7. The Bluetooth works fine and I can play music through AUX connector currently and charge via USB. A bit old school but it works ... However, my Mini dealer told me I will need to buy a "Y" cable to connect my iPhone 5 so that I can use the phones features, see the tracks etc on screen, control what music i play etc using either the M/F steering wheel or Mini Joystick. I'll also need this "Y" cable to use the MiniConnected iPhone app. Apparently the iPhone 5 Mini Y cable comes out in Jan 2014 - assume I'll need to buy it through Mini!

Hope this helps

Mar 11, 2014 6:21 AM in response to sialdouk

HI - I am wondering what wound up happening with your cable...I have a 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman and tried to oconnect my iphone 5S using a 30 pin adapter and the Y Cable at the Mini dealership...it did not work in full - although the Mini Connected apps showed on the screen aas well as album aret - just no audio

I am hoping you found a solution?

Thanks!

Daniel

Mar 11, 2014 7:07 AM in response to Daniel Skinner

Hiya Daniel,

Presume you have media on your countryman as you have the MINI connected app going ?

Firstly, as daft as it may sound but is both the USB and jack plug fully pushed in to the connectors in the MINI, even if the jack plug is not fully in will prevent the audio coming through.

Are you using a non media cable in a media car?

My cable with lightning connector arrived from BMW. Final cost was £51 with a bit of discount.

The connector works excellently, not convinced it improved the sound quality much, but I think it is better than using the lightning adaptor.

Apr 9, 2014 6:10 PM in response to sialdouk

Hi,

Sorry for the newbie questions.

I just bought a Mini Cooper 2010 Chilli, I don't have Mini Connected (I have the traditional analog speedmeter), but my car has a USB port and a 3.5 mm audio connector.

Which lightning cable should I buy for an Iphone 5S? The media or non-media version?

With the right cable, I will be able to change tracks in the iphone with the controls on the steering wheel?

Thanks,

Lorenzo

Mini Cooper, iPhone 5 iOS 7 and adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.