Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto video clip problem.

After upgrading iPhoto and upgrading to Mavericks my video clips will not play. This never was a problem before the upgrade. Any suggestions?

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 2:05 PM

3 replies

Nov 17, 2013 1:31 PM in response to léonie

Thanks for your info Ieonie. I have Quick time installed. I think it may be my new camera.

When viewing old video clips from a different camera I was able to view the video. I moved the video clips on iPhoto 1taken with my new camera to my desktop and had the message " The document PA270405.MOV could not be opened. This media may be damaged." I could however open the video with Itunes but there is no sound. It looks as if it is a camera problem. If I stll have video on my card then I will try to load it again,

Nov 17, 2013 1:44 PM in response to Benny Hill

If I stll have video on my card then I will try to load it again,

Do all videos from the new camera have the same problem? Then it could also be a problem of the card. If you have a different card, you could try to record another video for testing and check, if that will give better results.

Here is a list of videos, that are supposed to be supported by Aperture. Since iPhoto and Aperture share the same library format, I expect that iPhoto will also support them:

Aperture 3: About Video and Audio formats in Aperture

The list is not complete. Other cameras may be supported, but have a look at the codecs and formats. You will not be able to open arbitrary formats. ANd AVCHD video is not directly supported, see:

Using AVCHD video with iPhoto '11

iPhoto video clip problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.