Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3 days ago i was syncing music into my iphone 5s and out of the blue it told me that i need to restore it..so i did and in the process it keeps giving me error messages.my 5s is stuck on recovery mode..my 5s is brand new and i got it 2 weeks ago..

does anyone know what can i do to fix this?? i dont feel like going to a apple store...is there away around this or do i have to go to an apple store? the phone turnes on but no apple logo comes up..User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

IOS-OTHER, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 2:43 PM

4 replies

Nov 16, 2013 3:21 PM in response to MeganFoxFan

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3694#error4000

Error 4000, 4005, 4013, 4014, and 4016

After you perform each step, try to restore your device.

1. Restart your computer.
  2. Disconnect all your USB devices from your computer and connect to another USB port.
  3. Use a different USB cable.
  4. Uninstall third-party security software.
  5. Try restoring using an alternate computer.

Nov 16, 2013 4:01 PM in response to KiltedTim

what do you mean by third part softwares?? i got a couple softwares installed on my PC like music softwares & my anti virus software 'BullGuard'...can you be more specific?? i bought another iphone wire that connects to the computer..i tried all the trouble shooting steps with apple over the phone..before i take it to apple i wanna make sure im not missing a step since the apple store is very very far from me..what is third party softwares?? be more specific please??

3 days ago i was syncing music into my iphone 5s and out of the blue it told me that i need to restore it..so i did and in the process it keeps giving me error messages.my 5s is stuck on recovery mode..my 5s is brand new and i got it 2 weeks ago..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.