Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard and Multi-Touch trackpad may become unresponsive on MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Folks,

I have exacly same sympton described here on my 5 day old 15 inc macbook pro.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5296

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013): Keyboard and Multi-Touch trackpad may become unresponsive

Has anone tried to apply this patch on 15 inc ?

Kind Regards,

Neroshige

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), nothing to say

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 5:52 PM

18 replies

Dec 22, 2013 1:21 PM in response to neroshige

Hi I have also a New 2013 Macbook Pro Retina 15" Top of the line 16gb ram 1TB ssd. I am having many keyboard and trackpad and magic mouse freezes per day, less than 30 minutes between events and have to hard boot.

I use it for mainly music - Ableton 9 and have Apogee Duet Audio interface pluged into left side USB port, sometimes the audio interface also becomes in active. I am not very impressed with this. Anybody have an idea on the problem. I have the latest Boot rom MBP112.0138.B02. Thanks.

Jan 7, 2014 1:36 AM in response to neroshige

Hi I have the same issue, I have the exact same Macbook Pro 15" late 2013 model. I too run Ableton 9 and I've connected a USB 3.0 hub which has my midi keyboard and external mouse connected to it. I've recently noticed that when my keyboard and trackpad freezes, if i disconnect and reconnect the external mouse it reactivates the keyboard and trackpad. This is a little bit of a relief but I really hope Apple sorts this usb problem out quickly!

Any one else tried this?

Jan 24, 2014 10:14 AM in response to neroshige

Macbook Pro Retina has some issues with the left hand side USB. I have noticed that IPAD is not charging on the left hand side USB port. And it is possible that the issues are caused by underpowered USB power chain. If you, guys, are plugingin highly damanding equipment, it can, if my reasoning is correct cause the issue with trackpad or keyboard.

Now this is eaither really bad design of power distribution or bad QA on the part of Apple.

Apr 8, 2014 7:06 AM in response to neroshige

The patch is only for MBP late 2013 13 inch. 15 inch is not able to install this patch

I'm facing this problem intermittently.

When my keyboard & trackpad went unresponsive, I plug in my USB keyboard and the keyboard & trackpad went back normal.

I search the web and somebody highlight it may due to connector to keyboard/trackpad appear to be curled.

Not sure is hardware problem or software bug...😐

Apr 20, 2014 6:37 AM in response to neroshige

I recently bought a 15" MBP w/ Ret. And I'm also having issues with the trackpad and keyboard and freezing apps. I haven't found any solutions but have an appointment setup for tuesday at the apple store. We shall see what they say. Right now I feel like I have a pc in Mac clothing, sooooo frustrating. I wish I had my old MBP back.

I feel like I can't defend apple right now to my friends or anything cause I'm having these issues with a brand new machine. 😟

Keyboard and Multi-Touch trackpad may become unresponsive on MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.