Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burning a HD DVD

I have tried burning a HD DVD in DVDSP, but when I put it into a Samsung HD DVD player it won't play. I am burning using a DVD-R disk, DVDSP version 4.2.2. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz 8-core, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Radeon 5770

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 5:34 PM

9 replies

Nov 17, 2013 8:08 AM in response to WilliamL

I am using HD in the generic sense (1080p or in my case 720p). I have exported my video from FCPX in 1280X720p format. I used compressor with the HD setting (vs SD); and imported all assets into DVDSP with the preferences setting at HD (720p). The Samsung player says that it will handle full HD (1080p). Hope this helps.

Nov 17, 2013 1:35 PM in response to WilliamL

Since the Blu-Ray discs I make do not require menus - they just play on insertion and repeat until ejected - I export my sequence from FCP7 without conversion, then use Roxio Toast Titanium to burn the Blu-Ray. If the sequence is short, say under 30 minutes, you can actually burn the Blu-Ray on regular DVD media, which saves some money.

But you will need a Blu-Ray capable burner in either case.

MtD

Message was edited by: Meg The Dog to fix typo

Burning a HD DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.