Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer Apple Care without receipt, proof of purchase or Apple Care registration info (eBay).

Just bought an 128GB iPad on eBay. The SN# checker shows that this iPad has Apple Care+ until mid 2015. The seller of the iPad does not have a receipt, or documentation on the Apple Care+ purchase and thus cannot transfer anything into my name. Is there any way possible for me to take advantage of the warranty added to this iPad upon initial purchase with me being the second, possibly 3rd owner of this iPad and me having no way of identifying the initial purchaser.

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 6:16 PM

You must request the transfer of a warranty in writing, and the procedure is included in the support section of the Apple website.

3 replies

Nov 16, 2013 6:46 PM in response to carl wolf

It sounds like I may be sol then, as a) I do no know the original purchaser and have no way of getting a hold of them. Thanks for the direction at least.

There is what I found here: http://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/docs/applecareplusforipadengl ish.pdf

10. Transfer of Plan

Subject to the restrictions set forth below, you may make a one-time permanent transfer of all of your

rights under the Plan to another party, provided that: (a) the transfer includes the original proof of

purchase, the Plan's Confirmation and all of the Plan's printed materials and these Terms and Conditions;

(b) you notify Apple of the transfer by sending, faxing or e-mailing notice of transfer to Apple Inc., ATTN:

Agreement Administration, MS: 217-AC, 2511 Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove, CA 95758, U.S., fax number 916-

405-3655 or agmts_transfer@apple.com, respectively, and (c) the party receiving the Plan accepts the

terms and conditions of the Plan. When notifying Apple of the transfer of the Plan, you must provide the

Plan Agreement Number, the serial number of the Covered iPad being transferred, and the name,

address, telephone number and email address of the new owner.

Transfer Apple Care without receipt, proof of purchase or Apple Care registration info (eBay).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.