Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp 10.9 Win 7 Invalid system disk w/ no Keyboard support

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing win 7 in 10.9. After installing 10.9 and adjusting the partition sizes the BOOTCAMP partition became corrupt. In trying to start from scratch I did steps 1, 2 and 3 of the Bootcamp assistant: Create the install disk on a USB, download the updated support and create the partition. After the computer restarts after completing the partition creation, I just get put into the screen for "Invalid system disk Replace the disk, and then press any key." It appears the keyboard is not responsive at that point. I have a 2012 retina Mac Book

I've tried updating the info.plist for Bootcamp Assistant I've seen else where and tried repeating the process a few times with the same result. Any Suggestions?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 8:40 PM

1 reply

Jun 2, 2014 10:14 PM in response to phunkjones

I think I had the same problem, when I got the black screen with the legend "Invalid system disk, replace the disk, and then press any key", I held the power button for 5 secs till it shut down and then started the computer again, then you've to hold ALT key and wait for the gray screen, wait a few seconds more, the Windows disk will appear, just click on it and continue with the process... hope this info help...

Bootcamp 10.9 Win 7 Invalid system disk w/ no Keyboard support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.