Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So, I accidentally left my iPod 4 face down in a puddle of water all night. . . :(

This morning I decided to check my email on my iPod and picked it up and found two tablespoons of water pooling under it from where I knocked over my drink last night. I dried it off and left it to air dry, I left the buttons alone and tried not to turn the iPod on because I know that that can ruin it (I ruined my phone yesterday, two days ago? by doing that) but hit the buttons a few times while drying. So I just left the whole thing alone for a few hours. Then I turned it on and my lock screen was entirely white, but I could see the background in grayish. I powered the whole thing whole thing off, but I did it wrong or it's broken becuase it went dark (but now it's backward so it actually went white) then I saw the apple (grayish) and the whole thing went dark. But I hit the round button, whatever it's called, and it went to my lock screen. But shouldn't it be entirely off and I have to restart it when I want to try it? So I turned it off or restarted every time I checked to see if the screen is back to normal. Anyway, now I put the iPod into a bag of rice, because I thought that would help get the water out from in the screen. I am missing a piece of the screen from my iPod, so there is definitely water in there. Before I put it in, I tried it again, and the iPod accepted my touch and password and let me in. I could sort of see my screen, the background is all white like an x-ray, but it worked. I could see my apps in light grayish, and move fairly okay. I check my email on it sort of, and it recieved an email from three hours ago, so the internet works. I can't really read anything, it's pretty much just an expensive flashlight now. There were some dead pixels on one corner but they were actually fixing themselves and I was getting more of my screen back than I had when they first blacked out. Now there are a lot more dead pixels in that corner and there is a sort of line across the top of the screen and it looks like there is water under the screen from that line to the top of the screen, but I'm pretty sure that water looking line is not actually water. It doesn't move around or anything, and you can't see it when the iPod is off. It's in a container of rice now, and I'll probably leave it there for a while. Can the screen and the colors be fixed? Did I ruin it by hitting the buttons when I dried it off? Will the rice help this late? I really need this to be okay becuase I lost my phone in water recently, and now maybe my iPod, and my brother has an iPod and he is getting my dad's really old iPod touch, and my dad has his own working phone and he just bought himself an iPhone 4, and how is this fair?! And my dad's old phone is probably going to my youngest sister becuase I am not using that piece of junk, and my dad has no earthly idea how to use his new phone, and it's going to be a huge waste of money. And I have just had the worst week, and this is so not okay, so I need my iPod to be better and I need a phone and everyone is majorly unsypathetic, and it's just sick.

iPod touch

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 9:00 PM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2013 9:38 PM in response to My Pretty Floral Bonnet

"It's just not your week, sorry." You can try the rice thing, I don't have much faith it. Getting the water out can help, but I rather think the damage is done, the water has had several hours to get into the components of the main circuits. I think what you have is a very expensive paper weight, or as you put it flashlight, sorry. I would contact Apple see about purchasing a refurbished iPod. When you do get a new iPod, phone, etc... invest in a case like Lifeproof-- they claim to be water, dust, dirt, vibration, etc proof and resistant to drops and falls. Good luck!

So, I accidentally left my iPod 4 face down in a puddle of water all night. . . :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.