Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download Pages for iPad free?

I have a iPad (4th genration). I bought it a couple of mounths ago. I upgraded to iOS 7 and I want pages for my iPad free. how could I do it?

I can erase my iPad and retstore it as a new iPad, will it work?

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 9:11 PM

8 replies

Dec 16, 2015 7:34 PM in response to Peggy

Hi Peggy,

I know this post has been for a long time, but I'm having this same problem as I just start to use Pages. I bought my iPad Air in Dec 2013 but only downloaded Numbers and Keynotes. Not until now do I need Pages. But when I tried to download it from my App Store on the iPad, it asked me to pay. Could you suggest a way to resolve this problem? Hope to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

Nov 17, 2013 8:16 AM in response to Shreepad

The iWork for iOS apps are free for anyone who has activated an iOS device for the first time since September 1, 2013. If your iOS device is older than that you will have to purchase the apps or a new device. Restoring & setting up as new will not get you the apps for free.

If your iOS device was activated for the first time after September 1, go to the App Store on your iPad which should open to Featured. If not, tap on Featured at the lower left of the screen & scroll down to Collections & tap on New to the App Store? then scroll down to Apps Made by Apple & tap. You should now see the iWork & iLife apps as "FREE."

User uploaded file

Nov 22, 2013 7:48 AM in response to Peggy

Why is it only free post September 1st? How is that fair? Why is their money more important tun mine?

I think it is disgusting that i have to pay £7 for this app when I've already payed a premium price to have it on my macbook which has the same iTunes account.

Surely it should be a one time payment across all platforms?

What makes it even worse is the poor feedback of the IOS pages app.

How to download Pages for iPad free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.