Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay

Since installing Mavericks I cannot get airplay to work with my apple tv. It works fine from the iPhone or iPad but not from safari running on the iMac. Any suggestions? AppleTV and Mavericks are up to date.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 11:00 PM

5 replies

Feb 9, 2015 7:35 AM in response to jjm6

Ok guys/gals, I did full resets of entire network, erasing all memory to network, computer, apple tv and started fresh, but had no Airplay/AirMirror correction.

"APPLE TECH SUPPORT" When selecting Airplay icon, I can see the TV screen go black, signifying that the computer is talking and Apple TV is responding, but at that point the process ends and the "Cannot open Apple TV" message pops up. There is a handshake error somewhere in Yosemite on the Macbook Pro architecture. I say this because all the other 7 apple handhelds iOS 8 work without issue.

I did see in the log report for discovery a bunch of ?'s and failed packets. So, it looks like the basic handshake is where the issue lies within Yosemite 10.10.2. Maybe one day an update will come out addressing this, 'cause I just don't have the time to revert to Mavericks right now, like when it did work. There really isn't anything else I can do about it at this point, Airplay is just an icon with no function. I may have to do a backup a reinstall Yosemite clean or just go back to Mavericks if I get the time. Oh well, good luck to others with Macbook Pro's running Apple TV's.

Going back to the HDMI cable, it works.

Oct 25, 2015 7:16 PM in response to jjm6

Ok, so I think i have figured this out. I'm not sure why but I started messing with my 15" 2012Macbook Pro and figured this out.

So, go to

-Open Network Preferences

-Advanced tab

-TCP/IP tab

-Changed "Configure IPv6" to Automatically

-Proxies tab

-Unchecked "Use Passive FTP Mode PASV"

as soon as I did that my Airplay icon appeared. Tried it out and I got Audio and Video on my TV. If it stops working for you do just check the settings for when you turn off your Wi-Fi you have to do the IPv6 again. Hope it works for you guys like it did for me.

Not to insult anyone's intelligence, all devices on the same Wi-Fi network.

AirPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.