Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Consolidating files before computer reformat

Hey,

I need to reformat my computer. The last time I tried to, it turned out that my iPhone could not be synced with my computer after the reformat so I went back to the unreformatted computer.

I want to know how I make my reformatted computer recognize my iPhone without having to delete it and start over. I read about consolidating files and doing a back up to my iTunes folder (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1751) here, but I only understand that it keeps the music files I have in my folder. Does it also keep the 'settings' that make my iPhone sync with it? I've already had my iPhone completely erased once and I really don't want to go through that again. If not, what can I do to keep my iPhone syncing with my reformatted computer? It can't be that it's impossible, right?... FYI I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.3.

iTunes 10.5.1.42-OTHER, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 1:33 AM

There are no replies.

Consolidating files before computer reformat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.