Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does a placed text box disappear, when you want to post another one close?

I have real issues with the new pages:

Why does a text box disapear, when you place another one close to it?

As soon as you move the new text box the old one apears again.

Why does the writing in the textbox constanly move as you move the text box? How can anybody lay out anything?

Why can't I add pages when I want to. Part of my writing is that I might want to add 6 pages , write something on page 6, but go back to page 3 I am presntly working on. Now I am stuck , because I did not know at the beginning my dcument is longer.

Is there anyway they can restore the old normal inspector to select yourself what you want to do in Pages, instead of this constant suggesting what you should do?

I can't even find half the features, even though I watched the original tutorial 4 or so times. Now I can't even find that.

Anybody else fed up with paying pages?

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 10:07 AM

If you browse the comments on this board, I think you will find hundred if not thousands of users who are "fed up" with Pages 5. Best alternative: use Pages 09.

7 replies

Nov 20, 2013 4:08 AM in response to OmaBeate

Pages 09 should be a folder called iWork in your applications folder. Use Pages 5 to export any files you've opened or edited with Pages 5 to export to Pages 09 format (file/Export), otherwise you won;t be able to open those files. (Backwards compatibility is *so* upApple.) Then trash Pages 5. Open Finder. Go to Applications. Drag Pages to the Trash. You can always get back if/when they issue it in a form that is actually useful for anything besides collaborating on one-page posters.

Be careful of iWork for iCloud too. It also uses the new file-format that is unreadable by anything except the new iWork.

Feb 6, 2014 3:02 AM in response to OmaBeate

In Pages 09 I also had the problem that with two textfields next to each other (or even one behind the other) the text of one textfield would disappear. I solved it by making it a background object, in Object Placement in the info panel. This way all texts seem to stay, no matter whether textfields are attached or overlaying each other. Just make sure the "Background objects are selectable" checkbox is enabled.

Why does a placed text box disappear, when you want to post another one close?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.