Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I set up first gen airport after upgrading to Mavericks ?

I recently upgraded to Mavericks and the latest version of Airport Utility (6.3.2) and now get an error message when trying to change settings on older Airport Expresses - "This version of AirPort Utility doesn’t support this base station. Go to AirPort Service and Support for more information." The older versions of the Airport Utility software do not appear to work in Mavericks.

I have two Expresses (both are used for streaming music) and want to change some basic settings on one of them so it connects to a new network, but cannot access either.

Thanks for any help

Airport Express-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 9:42 AM

14 replies

Dec 28, 2013 9:50 AM in response to Toonces44

So get this: I found a perfectly workable solution to this under Mavericks and I tried to tell you about it, but Apple removed my post. So not only did they remove support intentionally for a functioning product, but they are actively preventing me from sharing the solution that worked for me last night: "Your post titled, "Re: How can I set up first gen airport after upgrading to Mavericks ?," has been removed from Apple Support Communities. Software licensed by Apple may only be distributed by sources approved by Apple."

All I can say is that after reading your thread, I googled a bit and found out how to get an older version of the airport utility to run under Mavericks. Good luck!

Mar 20, 2014 7:51 AM in response to Toonces44

I made my complaint:

Angry that you broke my ability to configure my airport with Mavericks.

Angry that I had to jump through a lot of hoops to find that out.

1. Airport service and report (instead of that link you could have put It won't work)

2. Several links from there.

3. read through many pages to try to find the software or firm ware that might help.

4. Finally came to the conclusion that there was no combination of 802.11g and Mavericks.

5. Went to community support where one of you customers revealed "It won't work"

6. Googled it and found a page that would make it work.

7. Decided I would just buy a new router.

8. Will go spend money angrily to update the thing.

You can too - Apple - AirPort Express - Feedback

How can I set up first gen airport after upgrading to Mavericks ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.