Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

display separating from lid

my 14" g4/933 is developing a small gap between the display and the bezel along the lower right corner. its most noticeable when pushing the lid open (at the top or by the sides).

anyone else have an ibook suffering from this?

is there a fix?

G4 iBook 933 (10.3.7, 640MB)

Posted on Jul 11, 2006 10:49 PM

4 replies

Jul 14, 2006 2:25 PM in response to maciscool

Call apple support! 1-800-275-2273.
I called apple support yesterday about this same issue. The display is separating from the lid close to the hinge. This in turn makes it so it does not latch when I close the lid.
This will be the second time that I will be sending in my ibook for the display problem. They said a box would be sent to me today so I can return it for repair. I have applecare with the 3-year warranty. I don't know why they said it was not covered. They have covered my display twice. It took about two hours on the phone the fist time. And about 10 minutes the second time. The tech said if the display broke for the third time, they would have to look into doing something different than just fixing it.

display separating from lid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.