Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp drive disappeared after reallocation of ssd space

Backstory

I have had a Windows 7 bootcamp for several months and its been fine. I used it for opengl and "windows" stuff, and had planned on using if for games (maybe). I recently found myself in need of some extra space and dissabling the hibernation image from the hardrive wasn't itself enough so I decided to reallocate unused space from my OSX partition. That was grand and I used <insert program name> to allocate that space to the Windows partition. Grand.

Current "dialemma"

Now when I boot to OSX the Windows drive doesnt appear in my finder or computer. I can still boot to it I just can't access anything in Windows from my Mac side. It isn't the end of the world, but when I'm writing a report in Pages and want to include code segments from my Visual Studio project, or a screenshot from the output, its a bit annoying to have to boot to Windows to get that.

Basically, I'm guessing <insert program name> is the cluprit, so has anyone else had this problem? Or similar? And is there a way to get things back to the way they were without removing the bootcamp partition and re-bootcamping it?

Cheers

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 2.6 GHz Intel Core 16gb ram, 256ssd

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 12:35 PM

4 replies

Nov 18, 2013 1:02 PM in response to mcdowesj

You can't do that successfully (as you have found) Delete the windows partition (do it properly, using Boot Camp) and start again with a new one. Boot Camp may not be able to delete the modified partition, if that happens you must erase the entire drive and reinstall OSX and Windows. Make a backup before you attempt this.

Bootcamp drive disappeared after reallocation of ssd space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.