Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help - I can't access yahoo mail since changing password

I'm able to access my yahoo e-mail on my computer, and since changing my password I cannot access it on my iphone 5S or ipad. I keep getting the message that the server is unavailable or that the password doesn't match (despite trying it multiple times to ensure accuracy!). I deleted the account from my iphone, did a hard reboot, and I STILL cannot access my yahoo mail. Once again I get the message that the server is unavailable. I'm using a workaround right now by using the yahoo app, but that doesn't give me all the functionality I need. I can't imagine this is an isolated problem. I took the iphone to an apple store, and I was told i have to wait a few hours to talk wtih a tech (didn't have a few hours at the time). So I'm trying the forum here. Something tells me there's an easy solution. Can somebody help me out? Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 3:25 PM

I found the answer on yahoo. for anybody else who has this problem: You start from within yahoo. Reset the password and click the button to generate app passwords. And then you can generate a specialized password for each of your ios devices.

Here's what it says in my yahoo account:

App passwords

Certain apps don’t work with Yahoo’s second sign-in verification.
They include:

Mail apps like iOS Mail, Android Mail, and Outlook

To use these apps, you’ll need to generate an app-specific password, and then enter it in the password field of your app. You’ll only have to create and enter the password once for each app. Learn more

And here's the help page.

Generating App Passwords

To protect your account, you're required to generate a one-time password, separate from your Yahoo account password, when you use non-Yahoo apps.

Here's how:

1. First activate second sign-in verification on your account to use App Passwords.
  2. From your Account Info page, click App Passwords.
  3. Under "Generate new application password," enter the name of the app that requires a password.
  4. Click Generate Password.
    Tip:
    This isn't a new password for your account. It's a one-time password to validate you're authorizing access to your account from a non-Yahoo app.
  5. Enter the code into the password field of your mobile device.
  6. Click Done to reset the code generator.
    -If you forget the code, you can always generate a new one.

You're now safely connected!

We'll save a list of apps within your "Generate app passwords" page. Also from this page, you can generate a new code or remove permissions.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2013 3:25 PM in response to Sunday in NYC

I found the answer on yahoo. for anybody else who has this problem: You start from within yahoo. Reset the password and click the button to generate app passwords. And then you can generate a specialized password for each of your ios devices.

Here's what it says in my yahoo account:

App passwords

Certain apps don’t work with Yahoo’s second sign-in verification.
They include:

Mail apps like iOS Mail, Android Mail, and Outlook

To use these apps, you’ll need to generate an app-specific password, and then enter it in the password field of your app. You’ll only have to create and enter the password once for each app. Learn more

And here's the help page.

Generating App Passwords

To protect your account, you're required to generate a one-time password, separate from your Yahoo account password, when you use non-Yahoo apps.

Here's how:

1. First activate second sign-in verification on your account to use App Passwords.
  2. From your Account Info page, click App Passwords.
  3. Under "Generate new application password," enter the name of the app that requires a password.
  4. Click Generate Password.
    Tip:
    This isn't a new password for your account. It's a one-time password to validate you're authorizing access to your account from a non-Yahoo app.
  5. Enter the code into the password field of your mobile device.
  6. Click Done to reset the code generator.
    -If you forget the code, you can always generate a new one.

You're now safely connected!

We'll save a list of apps within your "Generate app passwords" page. Also from this page, you can generate a new code or remove permissions.

help - I can't access yahoo mail since changing password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.