Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backspace key in Safari no longer goes back a page

In Snow Leopard pressing the Backsapce key (the one that moves the cursor from the right to the left to erase a character) when I was in Safari would take me back to the last visited page. This no longer works in Safari and there is no way I can find to switch this very useful behaviour back on.

Is it me or is this no longer possible?

TIA

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 4:59 PM

8 replies

Jan 25, 2014 9:54 PM in response to francespreston

-francespreston,

After clicking the link in Barney-15E's post, click the link at the top PrefPane 1.0.6 to download. UnZip the file, and open. If your MBP tell you it can't open it because it's an unknown developer, you'll have to go into System Preferences > Security & Privacy and Open Anyway (you should see towards the bottom that you tried to open Secrets). After that, Secrets should open itself. Find Safari on the left, scroll down under Safari 6, click the NO for backspace thingie, and change it to YES. Relaunch Safari, and it works!

Backspace key in Safari no longer goes back a page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.