2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2013 6:34 PM by Mike Kaplan
Mike Kaplan Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)

Hi folks,

I'm a longtime Mainstage user, just updated to MS3 and the latest logic, installing them tonight.

My question is, are there any improvements in Mainstage to the handling of MIDI backing tracks?

I would have loved to have some midi backing tracks, drums and a few other things, to trigger here and there during performances, but never found a good solution in MS2.  I would love basic drum machine style functionality, where you could switch between stored patterns, for example.  Does anyone know a good way to do this?

Thanks,

-Mike Kaplan

Philadelphia

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Logic, MainStage, Soundflower...
  • lifenoise Level 2 Level 2 (390 points)

No MIDI backing tracks. I know a few guys who use Logic X live for MIDI and audio playback. Works well. I worked a little with Ultrabeat patterns, but I'll have to get back to you on specifics.

• Mike Kaplan Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)

Really?  Still no better solution than the very limited programming potential of Ultrabeat?

That's disappointing- I was really hoping that version 3 would improve on this extreme weak spot.  How is this not an obvious feature that Mainstage should have?

Still, thanks for answering.  I was thinking I might have to use Logic instead of Mainstage, even though this is for a live set (exactly what Mainstage is supposedly for).  Sigh.

-mk