Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to automatically back up Photostream to my Mac?

I have passed the 1000 photo limit in photostream, and I want to find an automatic way to back up any new pictures to my mac. I realize that I can plug my phone into the computer and import them into iPhoto, but I use many different devices and would prefer if they backed up automatically. I also don't want to have to remember to go into "My Photo Stream" to import them, because I might forget.

This seems like something Mac would be good at, but I can't find the way.

Cheers,

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), iOS 7.0.4, & iPhone 5 & iPad Air

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 6:20 PM

1 reply

Nov 17, 2013 6:40 PM in response to theChristopher.ca

Do you have OS X 10.7.5 or later and either iPhoto '11 9.2.2 or later, or Aperture 3.2.3 or later, you cando this by signing into your iCloud account in System Preferences>iCloud and enabling Photo Stream, then going to iPhoto>Preferences>Photo Stream (iCloud) and checking Automatic Import. After doing so, photo stream photos will automatically be imported to your iPhoto library where they will not be deleted.

Is there a way to automatically back up Photostream to my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.