Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems Organizing Compilations in Music Library

I bought a physical album in-store a while back (Tiësto's Club Life, Vol. 3 - Stockholm) and transferred the music to my computer using iTunes. iTunes did not organize the album under the "Compilations" folder, but directs it according to the artist(s) of the track. This is frustrating because the album is separated by track in both the "Albums" and "Artists" section of my library. When I tried to create a new folder under compilations and cut the tracks from their previous locations and place them in the new folder, there was no change in the organization of my library.

I have had this problem with only this album. Another album I purchased in-store (Kid Cudi's Man On The Moon: The End Of Day) also contains tracks by numerous and different artists but was organized perfectly fine in my library; the album being whole under both "Albums" and "Artists."

I know that the album is available for purchase on iTunes and am not sure if the issue I am having occurs with a copy obtained from the download as well. On a side note, I am also unable to obtain the album artwork for the album as well. Wondering how to fix this organization issue, if there is any way at all.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 6:51 PM

See Grouping tracks into albums. Album Artist and Part of a compilation take precedence over Artist. If you're letting iTunes manage the media folder fix the tags and the files will move accordingly.

tt2

5 replies

Problems Organizing Compilations in Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.