Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch 5g stuck in DFU mode, will apple be able to fix it?

Yesterday I plugged it into the computer to charge and iTunes said that "new update available for iPod touch" (it was for ios 7.0.4). So I clicked OK and stuff and then when I came back a few hours later, I found it in RECOVERY MODE. So I did all that stuff u r supposed to do for recovery mode, but nothing was working. ITunes told me to restore, but it always kept failing and giving me error messages. I even restarted the computer! So after two hours of frusturation, i followed the steps for DFU mode and it is stuck in that mode now...it was 1 AM by that point and I just wanted to sleep. Today I made an appointment with the genius bar for next Saturday, but im really worried. Will they be able to fix it! My iPod is not that old, I got it in April.

Also, is my iPod in sleep mode or off in DFU mode? It is not plugged in to a computer right now, it is on my desk.

Is it possible for me to fix this myself? (if anyone wants to give me tips, I am really upset right now).

thank you

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 5:36 AM

What exactly happensw when you try to restore via iTunes? Error message?

Have you tried on another computer?

3 replies

Nov 18, 2013 2:52 PM in response to SplendaChan

Errors 3000-3999 (3004, 3013, 3018, 3164, 3194, and so on): Error codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes can't contact the update server (gs.apple.com) on ports 80 or 443.

1. Update to the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Verify the computer's date and time are accurate.
  3. Check that your security or firewall software isn't interfering with ports 80 or 443 or with the server gs.apple.com.
  4. Follow these steps to troubleshoot security software. Often, uninstalling third-party security software will resolve these errors.
  5. An entry in your hosts file may be redirecting requests to gs.apple.com (go to "Unable to contact the iOS software update server gs.apple.com" above).
  6. Internet proxy settings can cause this issue. If you're using a proxy, try again without using a proxy.
  7. Test restoring while connected to a known-good network.

ipod touch 5g stuck in DFU mode, will apple be able to fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.