Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S - No Volume Bar!

I have a 4S, purchased in Malaysia around middle 2012 (If I recall properly). I would say it's a fantastic phone. However lately I've been having issues with audio. You've probably heard about it before-- That there is no sound from the speakers, in which the volume bar is greyed out. I've tried rubbing alcohol, restoring, sticking something into the charging port, resetting, and everything else under the sky. Nope.

I had this problem early this year. But then it went away suddenly, which was great. After updating to iOS 7 (currently on 7.0.3), it came back. Very very annoying issue. Having the speakers being unable to function is one thing. Now, even with the headphone jack in, the volume bar appears and dissappears constantly.

If I were to be watching a video on YouTube or listening to music with the audio jack plugged in, it would work for a couple seconds and then it'll dissappear again. A few seconds later it'll come back. And if it doesn't, I would unplug and plug the audio jack in. The volume bar appears for a couple or so seconds and then dissappear again. I know it's not the application, because this problem persists in all the apps that utilize audio.

Someone please help me! This is very frustrating!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 2:38 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone 4S - No Volume Bar!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.