Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to downgrade my iPhone 4 from iOS 7.0.4 to iOS 7.0.3?

Hi. I have upgrade my iPhone 4 to iOS 7.0.4. After two days, the iPhone has had problems with the sound, so I want to downgrade it to the previous iOS 7.0.3. Could someone help me with that?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 5:02 AM

Downgrading is not supported. this is been discussed over and over and over and over and over and over and over again on these forums.

16 replies

Nov 21, 2013 4:22 AM in response to wegras

Hi, Peter

I found an old post of yours regarding an ipod connectivity issue to your VW . Ufortunately I lost that discussion thread and I can no longer refer to it, hence this totally unrelated message.

Did you eventually manage to get your ipod to charge and play in your 2005 VW GOLF? I have a 2009 golf and the ipod connection inside the armrest appears to be a 30 pin ipod dock..I am planning to purchase an ipod touch nano (7th gen.) and I am a bit lost as to what cables I'll need to make sure it will both charge and play.

Can you advise, please? I believe that in theory I'll need a dock extender cable (cablejive) and then a 30 pin to lightening cable, then a 12 v to 5 v charger adaptor but I am not too sure about it...

Thank you.

Nov 21, 2013 2:10 PM in response to ECHO FOXTROT

No idea to be honest however i have never had a VW ,Golf or any other .

BMW imprinted through me 😉

At a guess and from your description

Try the Apple lightning to 30 pin connector( genuine Apple only) and the nano will plug into that

I use a similar in one of the Beemers which has the BMW iPod kit and with that nano it works great

see here

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter

Feb 7, 2015 7:14 AM in response to Utrujjah

I'm also having problems due to the upgrade. I have hardware which was designed to connect to the iphone4 and it's no longer working due to the upgrade. The message reads 'this device is no longer supported'. Unfortunately the company no longer produces a similar device and no software update is possible. It's simply the IOS 7.1.2 which is blocking it. IOS 7.0.3 was working fine. I tried to downgrade to IOS 7.0.3 but itunes won't allow that.

Feb 7, 2015 7:22 AM in response to artytom

artytom wrote:

I'm also having problems due to the upgrade. I have hardware which was designed to connect to the iphone4 and it's no longer working due to the upgrade. The message reads 'this device is no longer supported'. Unfortunately the company no longer produces a similar device and no software update is possible. It's simply the IOS 7.1.2 which is blocking it. IOS 7.0.3 was working fine. I tried to downgrade to IOS 7.0.3 but itunes won't allow that.

Thats correct. As stated many months ago when the topic was first started going back to previous versions is something that Apple does not support. The problem is not due to the iOS upgrade but due the manufacturer of the hardware you have no longer supporting their products.

Feb 7, 2015 8:25 AM in response to pogster

Clearly in terms of blame, you are wrong. Backward compatibility is essential in any upgrade.
I'm going right off Apple but Apple don't care because the current crop of management didn't build the company.
The first mac I had was in 1992 and like many other of Apples early adopters I was using it for graphic design. In the meantime I've had dozens of macs but as the years go by, the square minded and inflexible attitude of the company is pushing me towards other peoples products. It's disappointing but the quality of the products is going backwards too. I currently have 4 computers. 3 apple laptops and on samsung tablet. The tablet is probably the most useful of that lot and the most recent laptop is less reliable than the oldest.

That's my two cents but I'm sure you'll rant me into loving the company all over again.

Feb 7, 2015 8:31 AM in response to artytom

artytom wrote:

Clearly in terms of blame, you are wrong. Backward compatibility is essential in any upgrade.

Backward compatibility is not infinite. After a while, things stop being supported. To expect otherwise is to be endlessly disappointed and frustrated. And that is true of any computing platform.

Submit your feedback directly to Apple using the appropriate link on the Feedback page:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Feb 7, 2015 10:31 AM in response to artytom

artytom wrote:

I'm going right off Apple but Apple don't care because the current crop of management didn't build the company.
The first mac I had was in 1992 and like many other of Apples early adopters I was using it for graphic design. In the meantime I've had dozens of macs but as the years go by, the square minded and inflexible attitude of the company is pushing me towards other peoples products. It's disappointing but the quality of the products is going backwards too. I currently have 4 computers. 3 apple laptops and on samsung tablet. The tablet is probably the most useful of that lot and the most recent laptop is less reliable than the oldest.

That's my two cents but I'm sure you'll rant me into loving the company all over again.

Backwards compatibility is the responsibility of the manufacturer of the accessory. Apple provides to all developers the specifications for the upcoming iOS, long prior to public release. If the accessory manufacturer chooses not to provide relevant updates to maintain compatibility, that is their responsibility, not Apple's.

How to downgrade my iPhone 4 from iOS 7.0.4 to iOS 7.0.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.