Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Another question to do with transferring from PC to Mac

Hi All,

I'll try keep it short, i just bought myself a macbook pro and want to transfer itunes from PC to Mac,

Now i was thinking of doing it the external hard-drive way, by copying the itunes library, the back up of the phone, and the other non purchased items from my library.

I have a few questions -

If i paste the above to my Mac so the library becomes part of the new itunes, and locate all the non transfered items.

What happens when i plug in my iphone? (ill have autosync disabled) what will happen to messages, photos, memos, notes, etc that are alreayd on the phone?

Will it just back up and sync as normal? Or will it wipe everything else and only put on the music?

If anyone can clarify would be much appreciated as im getting in a bit of a pickle

Am i right in thinking that, it wont do anything, it will just back up and nothing else as there is nothing to sync as the library is already on the phone?

(Really hard to explain, hopefully someone will understand where im going) - I basically want Itunes exactly how it is on my PC, onto my Mac - and the back up not to be effected but be exactly the same, so when i plug my iphone in, its no different from when plugginginto PC

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 5:18 AM

There are no replies.

Another question to do with transferring from PC to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.