Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi Connection Issues with 2 PC's and MacBook Pro on Router

Okay so here is whats going on.....

I am staying with my Mom for a short period of time. She uses Xfinity from Comcast. They provide her with a residential Home Gateway which provides her the internet and the Wi-Fi signal.

My Partner is also staying with us.

My Mom owns two PCs one runs Windows 8 and runs Windows 7 Home Premium. My Partner also runs a PC which is running Windows 7 Professional.

I have a Macbook Pro Retina Display Early 2013 release. Intel Core i5 2.6 GHz. 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.

Well oddly enough I can access the internet just fine, I am right now as a matter fact. The issue is that if my partner boots up her PC her wi fi somehow kicks everyone off the internet and she cannot connect to the internet herself.

I do not know if its my settings in my MacBook Pro causing the issues or if something is wrong on her PC or my Mom's. Either way its extremely annoying. We all need to be on the internet at the same time so constantly being booted *****!

I checked and I have no new system updates available. I am currently running Mac OSX 10.9 (13A603).

The router has been power-cycled and we have done a reset on it. Its an Arris TG862 I believe. There is only one other wi fi network in the neighborhood as we are in a retirees community so chances of anything weird or someone using our wi fi is unlikely. Unless some old person is super tech savvy and bored. he he maybe tho lol.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 8:43 AM

Check the dhcp scope in the router. Maybe it is restricted to a specific number of connections. Increase the scope if necessary. Also check that her computer is not set to use a static ip address.

3 replies

Wi-Fi Connection Issues with 2 PC's and MacBook Pro on Router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.