Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iphone backup password?

I have read the living daylights of some forums discussing ways to retrieve it. I never put in a password, have tried every possibility, downloaded a few programs, did the trick where you change the password and NOTHING works.. this backup has basically got all my memories over the past 3 years and i'm desperate to get all of it back, help please?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 11:32 AM

I recently upgraded to the 6. I went through the same issue of the backup recovery password as well. After several attempts, I then logged into the iCloud on the new phone. After logging into my iCloud service, it loaded my contacts, some but not all notes, and all apps previously on my other phone. I also realized once I added all emails manually to my phone, most of the remaining notes were then added. In order to grab the remaining notes and other items needed, I emailed them to myself and loaded them manually. I did not use the backup restore because I couldn't remember the password. Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2014 11:32 AM in response to dustysandwich

I recently upgraded to the 6. I went through the same issue of the backup recovery password as well. After several attempts, I then logged into the iCloud on the new phone. After logging into my iCloud service, it loaded my contacts, some but not all notes, and all apps previously on my other phone. I also realized once I added all emails manually to my phone, most of the remaining notes were then added. In order to grab the remaining notes and other items needed, I emailed them to myself and loaded them manually. I did not use the backup restore because I couldn't remember the password. Hope this helps.

Lost iphone backup password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.